Constructed in 1912 during Pittsburgh’s creation of the Oakland educational and cultural district, our facility was originally headquarters of The Historical Society of Western Pennsylvania. It was part of the City Beautiful movement when many of the major buildings for the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Carnegie Museums of Natural History and Art, Carnegie Library, and other institutions were being constructed. Purchased by the Latin American Studies Association for its headquarters in 2019, the Italian Renaissance building has been lovingly restored and renovated. The exterior is constructed of Bedford Indiana Limestone and Hauteville Marble, the same materials used for construction of the Empire State Building in New York. Door surrounds, windowsills and the exterior stone steps are of Bedford Bluestone and Pink Tennessee Marble is used extensively in the elegant interior spaces.
The Special Events Hall
The Vista Room
The Grand Gallery
Spaces for your event must be reserved at least one month in advance.
Currently LACC does not require that masks be worn by fully vaccinated individuals. This policy is subject to change depending of levels of community spread.